November 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Fourth World Day of the Poor – “Stretch forth your hand to the poor” (Sir 7:32) November 8, 2020
- Murder In The Cathedral: The Face Of Christ In The Victims Of Nagasaki October 21, 2020
- Pope Francis’ message for Mission Sunday: October 18 in 2020. October 17, 2020
- Message of His Holiness Pope Francis for 106th World Day of Migrants and Refugees 2020 September 26, 2020
- Protect All Life Month August 31, 2020
- 75 years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Vatican is providing moral guidance on nuclear weapons August 5, 2020
- TEN DAYS FOR PEACE AND CALL FOR A WORLD FREE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS July 23, 2020
- 75 Years after the War: A Peace Message from the Catholic Bishops of Japan – Protect all life – Peace is the path of hope July 19, 2020
- Seek God’s face in the poor, sick, abandoned and foreigners July 13, 2020
- Gardening June 13, 2020
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Delegation Articles
Bradly Rozairo OMI – The late Pope St. John Paul II announced the “Appeal for Peace” in February 1981 at the Peace Memorial Park of Hiroshima with these words, “War is the work of man. War is destruction of human life. War is death…To … Continue reading
Jerome Novotny OMI – Many individuals in today’s society understand the pain felt by mothers after they have aborted their babies. But what about Post-Abortion Syndrome which affects men? As the body count of unborn babies continues to increase, research shows that more and … Continue reading
Jerome Novotny OMI – Recently, I read an article about the suffering of Sri Lankan tea workers and the COVID-19 pandemic. Among the country’s poorest people, the plantation workers face more hardships due to their low income. Their jobs have collapsed due … Continue reading
Fr. Bernard ONDAP OMI – Last December 26-27, 2019, the Japan Oblate Delegation, joined by four diocesan clergy from Takamatsu Diocese, came together for the annual Christmas at Nakajimacho Parish Rectory in Kochi, Japan. The simple yet very meaningful atmosphere … Continue reading
Well I’m back from the Cruise and I’m at our usual Spring study session. The cruise experience was wonderful.
Only Jerry Novotny and I attended the full meeting. Iwo had gone to bed because he was very tired. Iru had Mass during that time and came late and didn’t open his mouth once. Of course, he’d been alone in the … Continue reading
Keeping up with my 25th ordination anniversary, I thought of doing something spiritual while focusing on the 25 years of my journey as a Missionary Priest. It has always been a kind of a dream for me to visit the … Continue reading
Once again, OMI community in Japan gathered for their yearly Christmas party which was held on 27th December 2018. This year our delegation Superior and the council decided on creating an organizing committee to set up the Christmas Party. Jerry … Continue reading
This year, Oblates from South Korea and Japan will gather in Kochi City, Japan, to celebrate Christmas. Although we belong to one delegation, we function in two different cultures, with two different languages and our missionary approaches are quite different.
The Honshu-Tokushima District Meeting was held at Itami Oblate House on 30th October 2018. The main purpose of this gathering was to pray together as we celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the First Rule of our congregation.