May 2021 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Crimes against humanity start by depersonalizing the individual March 15, 2021
- Lent and Pandemic February 22, 2021
- On the moral illicitness of the use of vaccines made from cells derived from aborted human fetuses February 18, 2021
- Japanese, Korean bishops oppose dumping of radioactive water into the sea February 18, 2021
- Lenten Reflection Guide 2021: Brothers and Sisters All February 17, 2021
- Message of the Holy Father Francis for Lent 2021 February 17, 2021
- Refugees are not just people February 3, 2021
- Christmas online gathering: December 28, 2020 January 9, 2021
- A Culture of Care as a Path to Peace January 2, 2021
- Goodbye 2020 January 2, 2021
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Delegation Articles
Bradly Rozairo OMI – The late Pope St. John Paul II announced the “Appeal for Peace” in February 1981 at the Peace Memorial Park of Hiroshima with these words, “War is the work of man. War is destruction of human life. War is death…To … Continue reading
Jerome Novotny OMI – Many individuals in today’s society understand the pain felt by mothers after they have aborted their babies. But what about Post-Abortion Syndrome which affects men? As the body count of unborn babies continues to increase, research shows that more and … Continue reading
Jerome Novotny OMI – Recently, I read an article about the suffering of Sri Lankan tea workers and the COVID-19 pandemic. Among the country’s poorest people, the plantation workers face more hardships due to their low income. Their jobs have collapsed due … Continue reading
Fr. Bernard ONDAP OMI – Last December 26-27, 2019, the Japan Oblate Delegation, joined by four diocesan clergy from Takamatsu Diocese, came together for the annual Christmas at Nakajimacho Parish Rectory in Kochi, Japan. The simple yet very meaningful atmosphere … Continue reading
Well I’m back from the Cruise and I’m at our usual Spring study session. The cruise experience was wonderful.
Only Jerry Novotny and I attended the full meeting. Iwo had gone to bed because he was very tired. Iru had Mass during that time and came late and didn’t open his mouth once. Of course, he’d been alone in the … Continue reading
Keeping up with my 25th ordination anniversary, I thought of doing something spiritual while focusing on the 25 years of my journey as a Missionary Priest. It has always been a kind of a dream for me to visit the … Continue reading
Once again, OMI community in Japan gathered for their yearly Christmas party which was held on 27th December 2018. This year our delegation Superior and the council decided on creating an organizing committee to set up the Christmas Party. Jerry … Continue reading
This year, Oblates from South Korea and Japan will gather in Kochi City, Japan, to celebrate Christmas. Although we belong to one delegation, we function in two different cultures, with two different languages and our missionary approaches are quite different.
The Honshu-Tokushima District Meeting was held at Itami Oblate House on 30th October 2018. The main purpose of this gathering was to pray together as we celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the First Rule of our congregation.