- Is Hikikomori (Extreme Social Withdrawal) a Global Epidemic? January 14, 2020
- …they have seen a great light January 6, 2020
- The Oblate Mission in Vietnam January 2, 2020
- Childhood in Japan is certainly not getting any easier December 29, 2019
- Babies born in Japan to drop below 900,000 in 2019 for first time December 25, 2019
- Journey From Advent to Christmas With Mary December 24, 2019
- My Experience of Christmas December 17, 2019
- The Message of Advent is a Message of Justice for the Oppressed December 13, 2019
- Thoughts on the Immaculate Conception December 10, 2019
- Japan’s crime rate hits postwar low, but report shows rise in child abuse, domestic violence and offenses by the elderly November 30, 2019
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Delegation Articles
Fr. Bernard ONDAP OMI – Last December 26-27, 2019, the Japan Oblate Delegation, joined by four diocesan clergy from Takamatsu Diocese, came together for the annual Christmas at Nakajimacho Parish Rectory in Kochi, Japan. The simple yet very meaningful atmosphere … Continue reading
Well I’m back from the Cruise and I’m at our usual Spring study session. The cruise experience was wonderful.
Only Jerry Novotny and I attended the full meeting. Iwo had gone to bed because he was very tired. Iru had Mass during that time and came late and didn’t open his mouth once. Of course, he’d been alone in the … Continue reading
Keeping up with my 25th ordination anniversary, I thought of doing something spiritual while focusing on the 25 years of my journey as a Missionary Priest. It has always been a kind of a dream for me to visit the … Continue reading
Once again, OMI community in Japan gathered for their yearly Christmas party which was held on 27th December 2018. This year our delegation Superior and the council decided on creating an organizing committee to set up the Christmas Party. Jerry … Continue reading
This year, Oblates from South Korea and Japan will gather in Kochi City, Japan, to celebrate Christmas. Although we belong to one delegation, we function in two different cultures, with two different languages and our missionary approaches are quite different.
The Honshu-Tokushima District Meeting was held at Itami Oblate House on 30th October 2018. The main purpose of this gathering was to pray together as we celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the First Rule of our congregation.