- Is Hikikomori (Extreme Social Withdrawal) a Global Epidemic? January 14, 2020
- …they have seen a great light January 6, 2020
- The Oblate Mission in Vietnam January 2, 2020
- Childhood in Japan is certainly not getting any easier December 29, 2019
- Babies born in Japan to drop below 900,000 in 2019 for first time December 25, 2019
- Journey From Advent to Christmas With Mary December 24, 2019
- My Experience of Christmas December 17, 2019
- The Message of Advent is a Message of Justice for the Oppressed December 13, 2019
- Thoughts on the Immaculate Conception December 10, 2019
- Japan’s crime rate hits postwar low, but report shows rise in child abuse, domestic violence and offenses by the elderly November 30, 2019
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Migrants
Tokyo, Japan, Nov 4, 2019 / 05:05 pm (CNA).- Efforts by the Catholic Church to evangelize the Japanese population have frequently collided with roadblocks, according to Archbishop of Tokyo Isao Kikuchi, but the Church is still finding some ways to … Continue reading
In looking at the debate over immigration, it is almost automatically assumed that the Church’s position is one of unconditional charity toward those who enter the nation, legally or illegally.
In his message for the 2019 World Day of Migrants and Refugees, Pope Francis says fear and a throw-away culture lead to the rejection and exclusion of people seeking a better life.
Pope Francis attaches enormous importance to the plight of the millions of men, women and children who are trafficked and enslaved. They are among the most dehumanized and discarded of people in the modern world and all over the world. … Continue reading
Click to view: Towards the Global Compacts 2018 Migrants and Refugees Section Integral Human Development Palazzo San Calisto 00120 Vatican City Table of Contents *Introduction *Message for the 51st World Day of Peace *20 Pastoral Action Points *20 Action Points … Continue reading
Click to view: 20 Pastoral Action Points
This is to share with you what transpired during the meeting on Human Trafficking sponsored by Talitha Kum (Japan) where I also serve as a member of the steering committee (we function under the umbrella of J-Carm which is the … Continue reading
The theme of our spring meeting, April 2, 2019, was “Migrants, Refugees and People on the Move”.