July 2019 S M T W T F S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Pope: The poor show us the face of Christ June 15, 2019
- Christians must offer real hope to the most vulnerable, pope says June 14, 2019
- “The Devil is Smiling”. Where are our Shepherds? June 11, 2019
- Number of newborns in Japan fell to record low while population dropped faster than ever in 2018 June 8, 2019
- Bring forth the fruits of the Good News – Pentecost 2019! June 7, 2019
- What Does Saint Thomas Say About Immigration? June 2, 2019
- Pope Francis: ‘It’s not just about migrants, but about all of us’ May 28, 2019
- Pope Francis: ‘Abortion is never the answer’ May 27, 2019
- Addressing dementia prevention May 26, 2019
- Pastoral Orientations On Human Trafficking May 23, 2019
2018 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Migrants
In looking at the debate over immigration, it is almost automatically assumed that the Church’s position is one of unconditional charity toward those who enter the nation, legally or illegally.
In his message for the 2019 World Day of Migrants and Refugees, Pope Francis says fear and a throw-away culture lead to the rejection and exclusion of people seeking a better life.
Pope Francis attaches enormous importance to the plight of the millions of men, women and children who are trafficked and enslaved. They are among the most dehumanized and discarded of people in the modern world and all over the world. … Continue reading
Click to view: Towards the Global Compacts 2018 Migrants and Refugees Section Integral Human Development Palazzo San Calisto 00120 Vatican City Table of Contents *Introduction *Message for the 51st World Day of Peace *20 Pastoral Action Points *20 Action Points … Continue reading
Click to view: 20 Pastoral Action Points
This is to share with you what transpired during the meeting on Human Trafficking sponsored by Talitha Kum (Japan) where I also serve as a member of the steering committee (we function under the umbrella of J-Carm which is the … Continue reading
The theme of our spring meeting, April 2, 2019, was “Migrants, Refugees and People on the Move”.