September 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Protect All Life Month August 31, 2020
- 75 years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Vatican is providing moral guidance on nuclear weapons August 5, 2020
- TEN DAYS FOR PEACE AND CALL FOR A WORLD FREE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS July 23, 2020
- 75 Years after the War: A Peace Message from the Catholic Bishops of Japan – Protect all life – Peace is the path of hope July 19, 2020
- Seek God’s face in the poor, sick, abandoned and foreigners July 13, 2020
- Gardening June 13, 2020
- I leaned down and kissed my son June 10, 2020
- Do we walk alone? June 10, 2020
- Caring is Involvement June 7, 2020
- Message of His Holiness Pope Francis For the 54th Communications Day May 26, 2020
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Migrants
75 Years after the War: A Peace Message from the Catholic Bishops of Japan – Protect all life – Peace is the path of hope
To our Brother and Sister Catholics of Japan and All People of Good Will: On the 50th anniversary of the end of the war, the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Japan issued the message “Resolution for Peace” in light of the … Continue reading
Jerry Novotny OMI – Recent estimates disclose that 70,754,326 million people are displaced worldwide. These are people who have fled from persecution, violence and armed conflict. It is the seventh year in a row that the number of displaced people has increased. UN refugee … Continue reading
Tokyo, Japan, Nov 4, 2019 / 05:05 pm (CNA).- Efforts by the Catholic Church to evangelize the Japanese population have frequently collided with roadblocks, according to Archbishop of Tokyo Isao Kikuchi, but the Church is still finding some ways to … Continue reading
In looking at the debate over immigration, it is almost automatically assumed that the Church’s position is one of unconditional charity toward those who enter the nation, legally or illegally.
In his message for the 2019 World Day of Migrants and Refugees, Pope Francis says fear and a throw-away culture lead to the rejection and exclusion of people seeking a better life.
Pope Francis attaches enormous importance to the plight of the millions of men, women and children who are trafficked and enslaved. They are among the most dehumanized and discarded of people in the modern world and all over the world. … Continue reading
Click to view: Towards the Global Compacts 2018 Migrants and Refugees Section Integral Human Development Palazzo San Calisto 00120 Vatican City Table of Contents *Introduction *Message for the 51st World Day of Peace *20 Pastoral Action Points *20 Action Points … Continue reading
Click to view: 20 Pastoral Action Points
This is to share with you what transpired during the meeting on Human Trafficking sponsored by Talitha Kum (Japan) where I also serve as a member of the steering committee (we function under the umbrella of J-Carm which is the … Continue reading
The theme of our spring meeting, April 2, 2019, was “Migrants, Refugees and People on the Move”.