- Remembering Hiroshima & Nagasaki August 8, 2019
- Fukushima study tour August 8, 2019
- 2019 Ten Days of Prayer for Peace August 8, 2019
- INTER-CHAPTER 2019 LOGO August 8, 2019
- The trouble Japan faces with immigration July 26, 2019
- Pope: The poor show us the face of Christ June 15, 2019
- Christians must offer real hope to the most vulnerable, pope says June 14, 2019
- “The Devil is Smiling”. Where are our Shepherds? June 11, 2019
- Number of newborns in Japan fell to record low while population dropped faster than ever in 2018 June 8, 2019
- Bring forth the fruits of the Good News – Pentecost 2019! June 7, 2019
2018 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Author Archives: editor
Dear Brothers, Every year, August 6 and 9 are two very important days to think about the deep meaning of peace. Many from all over the world visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki to pray and to experience the importance of peace. … Continue reading
In early June, ten of us from Osaka went on a study tour to Fukushima. It is more than eight years since the nuclear accident at the Fukushima power station in Japan. This has forced the radiation to evacuate tens … Continue reading
A Message from the President of the Catholic Bishops’Conference of Japan
The meaning of the logo: The missionary walking on the Surface of the earth is an Oblate who continues his mission. He approaches the city. Big cities are today a special case of missionary territory.
Japan is a country with a shrinking population. Due to growing numbers of deaths and declining numbers of births, Japan’s population is shrinking at a rate of over 400,000 people per year. The Japanese government is worried about this of … Continue reading
Pope Francis’ message for the Third World Day of the Poor was released yesterday. The day will be observed on Sunday 17th November. The theme for this year’s World Day of the Poor is: “The hope of the poor shall … Continue reading
The option for those who are least, those whom society discards, is a priority that Christ’s followers are called to pursue, Pope Francis has said.
Abortion’s “slippery slope” continues to expand throughout the world and the crack in the wall gets bigger. The most shocking news took place recently in the United States. The headlines read, “NY governor signs sweeping new abortion law that allows abortions … Continue reading
The number of newborns in Japan hit a record low of 918,397 in 2018, staying below the 1 million mark for the third year in a row, a government survey showed Friday.
My dear Brother Bishops, Pentecost 2019! We are indeed blessed with the renewed call made by our dear Holy Father Pope Francis on the occasion of Pentecost 2019 “to pray for a truly missionary conversion of the whole Church.” Pentecost … Continue reading