December 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Fourth World Day of the Poor – “Stretch forth your hand to the poor” (Sir 7:32) November 8, 2020
- Murder In The Cathedral: The Face Of Christ In The Victims Of Nagasaki October 21, 2020
- Pope Francis’ message for Mission Sunday: October 18 in 2020. October 17, 2020
- Message of His Holiness Pope Francis for 106th World Day of Migrants and Refugees 2020 September 26, 2020
- Protect All Life Month August 31, 2020
- 75 years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Vatican is providing moral guidance on nuclear weapons August 5, 2020
- TEN DAYS FOR PEACE AND CALL FOR A WORLD FREE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS July 23, 2020
- 75 Years after the War: A Peace Message from the Catholic Bishops of Japan – Protect all life – Peace is the path of hope July 19, 2020
- Seek God’s face in the poor, sick, abandoned and foreigners July 13, 2020
- Gardening June 13, 2020
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Superior’s Desk
Bradly Rozairo OMI – In order to respond to the message of Pope Francis when he visited Japan in November 2019, the Catholic Bishops Conference of Japan has introduced “Protect all life month”: September 1 – October 4, every year starting from 2020.
Bradly Rozairo OMI – The late Pope St. John Paul II announced the “Appeal for Peace” in February 1981 at the Peace Memorial Park of Hiroshima with these words, “War is the work of man. War is destruction of human life. War is death…To … Continue reading
Bradly Rozairo OMI – When I look back at the schedule we had during my years of formation in the seminary, one of the things that come to my mind is the time spent in the garden doing some manual labor. Every day a … Continue reading
Bradly Rozairo OMI – These days as the lockdown continues in many places, people are being urged to connect with nature so that it will be beneficial to both their physical and mental health. Whether there is a pandemic or not, I think that … Continue reading
Bradly Rozairo OMI – Dear friends, as we begin the month of May with Mary our Mother I would like to share a short story with you.
Bradly Rozairo OMI – : Is evangelization difficult in Japan? This is a question often asked by many, and the answer is, Yes. Having lived in Japan for a good number of years I would say that missionaries do struggle, get disappointed … Continue reading
Bradly Rozairo, OMI – The Missionary Oblates were allowed by the Communist government to enter Vietnam in 2010 to perform limited missionary work; they had been there since 2001. The Oblates are one of just a handful of religious congregations … Continue reading
(Bradly Rozairo, OMI) -Every year around this time the whole world gets ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus. We in Japan also remember Christmas when it enters the cold season and celebrate it as a festival.
Ahead of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Journey to Japan, an OMI missionary priest explores how the face of the local Catholic Church is changing and the challenges of preaching the Gospel where people give priority to work, not religion.
Dear Brothers, God wants us to break away from our ‘comfort zone’ and step out in faith to do what He thinks is best for us. Are we ready to take up this challenge?