- Is Hikikomori (Extreme Social Withdrawal) a Global Epidemic? January 14, 2020
- …they have seen a great light January 6, 2020
- The Oblate Mission in Vietnam January 2, 2020
- Childhood in Japan is certainly not getting any easier December 29, 2019
- Babies born in Japan to drop below 900,000 in 2019 for first time December 25, 2019
- Journey From Advent to Christmas With Mary December 24, 2019
- My Experience of Christmas December 17, 2019
- The Message of Advent is a Message of Justice for the Oppressed December 13, 2019
- Thoughts on the Immaculate Conception December 10, 2019
- Japan’s crime rate hits postwar low, but report shows rise in child abuse, domestic violence and offenses by the elderly November 30, 2019
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Superior’s Desk
(Bradly Rozairo, OMI) – The Missionary Oblates were allowed by the Communist government to enter Vietnam in 2010 to perform limited missionary work; they had been there since 2001. The Oblates are one of just a handful of religious congregations … Continue reading
(Bradly Rozairo, OMI) -Every year around this time the whole world gets ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus. We in Japan also remember Christmas when it enters the cold season and celebrate it as a festival.
Ahead of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Journey to Japan, an OMI missionary priest explores how the face of the local Catholic Church is changing and the challenges of preaching the Gospel where people give priority to work, not religion.
Dear Brothers, God wants us to break away from our ‘comfort zone’ and step out in faith to do what He thinks is best for us. Are we ready to take up this challenge?
At the request of various bishops’ conferences, Pope Francis has changed the date of the World Day of Migrants and Refugees to the last Sunday of September. The World Day for Migrants and Refugees will be held this Sunday, September … Continue reading
Dear Brothers, Hundred years ago, Pope Benedict XV released the encyclical Maximum Illud, which called on Catholics to bring the Good News to all peoples (Missio Ad Gentes). To commemorate this anniversary, Pope Francis has declared October 2019 to be … Continue reading
(from Brad Rozairo OMI) What is the Season of Creation? http://seasonofcreation.org/. The season, which runs yearly between September 1 and October 4 (the feast of St. Francis of Assisi) is that of the year when we renew our commitment to pray … Continue reading
Dear Brothers, Every year, August 6 and 9 are two very important days to think about the deep meaning of peace. Many from all over the world visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki to pray and to experience the importance of peace. … Continue reading
In early June, ten of us from Osaka went on a study tour to Fukushima. It is more than eight years since the nuclear accident at the Fukushima power station in Japan. This has forced the radiation to evacuate tens … Continue reading