- Our right to speak for climate justice November 8, 2019
- Tokyo archbishop: It is ‘difficult to find success’ on evangelization in Japan November 6, 2019
- Online Japanese Catholics are looking for a digital shepherd October 1, 2019
- Meeting with Bishop J. M. ABELLA September 28, 2019
- It is not just about migrants. It’s also about our fears… September 28, 2019
- Extraordinary Missionary Month (EMM): October 2019 September 28, 2019
- God or Nothing September 28, 2019
- Japanese activists join global climate strike ahead of U.N. summit on global warming September 21, 2019
- Season of Creation (Sept. 1 ~ Oct. 4, 2019) September 1, 2019
- Remembering Hiroshima & Nagasaki August 8, 2019
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Author Archives: editor
In early June, ten of us from Osaka went on a study tour to Fukushima. It is more than eight years since the nuclear accident at the Fukushima power station in Japan. This has forced the radiation to evacuate tens … Continue reading
A Message from the President of the Catholic Bishops’Conference of Japan
The meaning of the logo: The missionary walking on the Surface of the earth is an Oblate who continues his mission. He approaches the city. Big cities are today a special case of missionary territory.
Japan is a country with a shrinking population. Due to growing numbers of deaths and declining numbers of births, Japan’s population is shrinking at a rate of over 400,000 people per year. The Japanese government is worried about this of … Continue reading
Pope Francis’ message for the Third World Day of the Poor was released yesterday. The day will be observed on Sunday 17th November. The theme for this year’s World Day of the Poor is: “The hope of the poor shall … Continue reading
The option for those who are least, those whom society discards, is a priority that Christ’s followers are called to pursue, Pope Francis has said.
Abortion’s “slippery slope” continues to expand throughout the world and the crack in the wall gets bigger. The most shocking news took place recently in the United States. The headlines read, “NY governor signs sweeping new abortion law that allows abortions … Continue reading
The number of newborns in Japan hit a record low of 918,397 in 2018, staying below the 1 million mark for the third year in a row, a government survey showed Friday.
My dear Brother Bishops, Pentecost 2019! We are indeed blessed with the renewed call made by our dear Holy Father Pope Francis on the occasion of Pentecost 2019 “to pray for a truly missionary conversion of the whole Church.” Pentecost … Continue reading
In looking at the debate over immigration, it is almost automatically assumed that the Church’s position is one of unconditional charity toward those who enter the nation, legally or illegally.