August 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 75 years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Vatican is providing moral guidance on nuclear weapons August 5, 2020
- TEN DAYS FOR PEACE AND CALL FOR A WORLD FREE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS July 23, 2020
- 75 Years after the War: A Peace Message from the Catholic Bishops of Japan – Protect all life – Peace is the path of hope July 19, 2020
- Seek God’s face in the poor, sick, abandoned and foreigners July 13, 2020
- Gardening June 13, 2020
- I leaned down and kissed my son June 10, 2020
- Do we walk alone? June 10, 2020
- Caring is Involvement June 7, 2020
- Message of His Holiness Pope Francis For the 54th Communications Day May 26, 2020
- Japan’s elderly workers suffer as pandemic closes businesses May 23, 2020
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Japan Scene
Ahead of the 75th anniversary year of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Pope Francis visited both cities. At a solemn event at the Hiroshima Peace Park in November 2019, Francis declared the use of atomic energy for war to be … Continue reading
Bradly Rozairo OMI – The late Pope St. John Paul II announced the “Appeal for Peace” in February 1981 at the Peace Memorial Park of Hiroshima with these words, “War is the work of man. War is destruction of human life. War is death…To … Continue reading
75 Years after the War: A Peace Message from the Catholic Bishops of Japan – Protect all life – Peace is the path of hope
To our Brother and Sister Catholics of Japan and All People of Good Will: On the 50th anniversary of the end of the war, the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Japan issued the message “Resolution for Peace” in light of the … Continue reading
On a recent Saturday in Tokyo’s Shinjuku district more than 100 people, many of them elderly men, stood close together in a long queue waiting for food hand-outs.
Jude Peirisulle OMI – Japan is one of many countries affected by COVID -19. The first major cluster of the virus was discovered on the Diamond Princess cruise ship which had arrived in Yokohama in early February. The cruiser was put in … Continue reading
Gender gaps remain significant in Japan as traditional roles for men and women are strongly reinforced in society and through mass media, leaving many women accustomed to restrictive norms and limited opportunities, a senior U.N. official has said.
Mar 4, 2020.- Some Japanese dioceses have suspended Masses for several weeks due to the ongoing coronavirus epidemic across the country.
In the late 1990s, just as home computers and internet access were becoming ubiquitous, people in Japan began paying closer attention to a severe form of social withdrawal—marked by the desire to be alone in one’s bedroom—that was becoming commonplace among adolescent boys. … Continue reading
Fr. Bernard ONDAP OMI – Last December 26-27, 2019, the Japan Oblate Delegation, joined by four diocesan clergy from Takamatsu Diocese, came together for the annual Christmas at Nakajimacho Parish Rectory in Kochi, Japan. The simple yet very meaningful atmosphere … Continue reading
The girl was 15, the teacher in his early 30s. He recognized her ability, encouraged her, befriended her, seduced her. He took her to a love hotel and said, “This is what grown-ups do.”