- Our right to speak for climate justice November 8, 2019
- Tokyo archbishop: It is ‘difficult to find success’ on evangelization in Japan November 6, 2019
- Online Japanese Catholics are looking for a digital shepherd October 1, 2019
- Meeting with Bishop J. M. ABELLA September 28, 2019
- It is not just about migrants. It’s also about our fears… September 28, 2019
- Extraordinary Missionary Month (EMM): October 2019 September 28, 2019
- God or Nothing September 28, 2019
- Japanese activists join global climate strike ahead of U.N. summit on global warming September 21, 2019
- Season of Creation (Sept. 1 ~ Oct. 4, 2019) September 1, 2019
- Remembering Hiroshima & Nagasaki August 8, 2019
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Japan Scene
Tokyo, Japan, Nov 4, 2019 / 05:05 pm (CNA).- Efforts by the Catholic Church to evangelize the Japanese population have frequently collided with roadblocks, according to Archbishop of Tokyo Isao Kikuchi, but the Church is still finding some ways to … Continue reading
In the age of mass communication, the Catholic Church is finding previously unimagined opportunities for evangelization – namely, over the internet. However, for the small minority of believers in Japan, the internet is far less connective. Much like their diocese … Continue reading
Young people in 117 countries on Friday called on policymakers to take overdue steps against climate change as part of a global strike just days ahead of the United Nations Climate Action Summit set to begin in New York on … Continue reading
A Message from the President of the Catholic Bishops’Conference of Japan
Japan is a country with a shrinking population. Due to growing numbers of deaths and declining numbers of births, Japan’s population is shrinking at a rate of over 400,000 people per year. The Japanese government is worried about this of … Continue reading
The number of newborns in Japan hit a record low of 918,397 in 2018, staying below the 1 million mark for the third year in a row, a government survey showed Friday.
My dear Brother Bishops, Pentecost 2019! We are indeed blessed with the renewed call made by our dear Holy Father Pope Francis on the occasion of Pentecost 2019 “to pray for a truly missionary conversion of the whole Church.” Pentecost … Continue reading
The government has compiled a draft outline of new measures to address the growing problem of dementia among the elderly, placing emphasis on preventive steps to curb the increase in the number of patients.
About 613,000 people aged 40 to 64 are believed to fall into the category of recluses, who hide themselves away in their homes without working, the government’s first survey on the age group showed Friday.
Suicide has become the leading cause of death among children aged 10 to 14 in Japan for the first time in the postwar period, an analysis of government demographic data has shown.