- Murder In The Cathedral: The Face Of Christ In The Victims Of Nagasaki October 21, 2020
- Pope Francis’ message for Mission Sunday: October 18 in 2020. October 17, 2020
- Message of His Holiness Pope Francis for 106th World Day of Migrants and Refugees 2020 September 26, 2020
- Protect All Life Month August 31, 2020
- 75 years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Vatican is providing moral guidance on nuclear weapons August 5, 2020
- TEN DAYS FOR PEACE AND CALL FOR A WORLD FREE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS July 23, 2020
- 75 Years after the War: A Peace Message from the Catholic Bishops of Japan – Protect all life – Peace is the path of hope July 19, 2020
- Seek God’s face in the poor, sick, abandoned and foreigners July 13, 2020
- Gardening June 13, 2020
- I leaned down and kissed my son June 10, 2020
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Japan Scene
by David Albert Jones. In “Truman’s Terrible Choice, 75 Years Ago”, George Weigel has defended the use of the atomic bomb against the populations of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on the basis that it “saved millions, even tens of millions, of lives.” He … Continue reading
Here am I, send me (Isaiah 6:8) The full text of the message follows: Dear Brothers and Sisters, I wish to express my gratitude to God for the commitment with which the Church throughout the world carried out the Extraordinary … Continue reading
Like Jesus Christ, forced to flee.Welcoming, protecting, promoting and integratinginternally displaced persons
Ahead of the 75th anniversary year of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Pope Francis visited both cities. At a solemn event at the Hiroshima Peace Park in November 2019, Francis declared the use of atomic energy for war to be … Continue reading
Bradly Rozairo OMI – The late Pope St. John Paul II announced the “Appeal for Peace” in February 1981 at the Peace Memorial Park of Hiroshima with these words, “War is the work of man. War is destruction of human life. War is death…To … Continue reading
75 Years after the War: A Peace Message from the Catholic Bishops of Japan – Protect all life – Peace is the path of hope
To our Brother and Sister Catholics of Japan and All People of Good Will: On the 50th anniversary of the end of the war, the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Japan issued the message “Resolution for Peace” in light of the … Continue reading
On a recent Saturday in Tokyo’s Shinjuku district more than 100 people, many of them elderly men, stood close together in a long queue waiting for food hand-outs.
Jude Peirisulle OMI – Japan is one of many countries affected by COVID -19. The first major cluster of the virus was discovered on the Diamond Princess cruise ship which had arrived in Yokohama in early February. The cruiser was put in … Continue reading
Gender gaps remain significant in Japan as traditional roles for men and women are strongly reinforced in society and through mass media, leaving many women accustomed to restrictive norms and limited opportunities, a senior U.N. official has said.
Mar 4, 2020.- Some Japanese dioceses have suspended Masses for several weeks due to the ongoing coronavirus epidemic across the country.