- Remembering Hiroshima & Nagasaki August 8, 2019
- Fukushima study tour August 8, 2019
- 2019 Ten Days of Prayer for Peace August 8, 2019
- INTER-CHAPTER 2019 LOGO August 8, 2019
- The trouble Japan faces with immigration July 26, 2019
- Pope: The poor show us the face of Christ June 15, 2019
- Christians must offer real hope to the most vulnerable, pope says June 14, 2019
- “The Devil is Smiling”. Where are our Shepherds? June 11, 2019
- Number of newborns in Japan fell to record low while population dropped faster than ever in 2018 June 8, 2019
- Bring forth the fruits of the Good News – Pentecost 2019! June 7, 2019
2018 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Category Archives: Japan Scene
Assumption nun Rekha Chennattu, the first Asian elected to head the global Paris-based congregation, says her priority will be to serve people on the margins of society.
Places of major importance for Japanese Christianity, including the Nagasaki basilica commemorating 26 Catholic martyrs, have been selected as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Japan’s bishops have publicly responded to a Vatican survey of global Catholics’ views on family issues, stating bluntly that church teachings are not known in their country and the Vatican’s Europe-centric view hampers efforts at evangelization in places where Catholics … Continue reading
In a letter to Japanese bishops, Pope Francis urges his brother prelates to use the example of their country’s martyrs as an inspiration to continue their mission of evangelization amid modern-day challenges.
A 17th century Catholic Samurai and martyr was beatified during a Mass in Osaka, Japan on Tuesday.