- ‘Work takes priority over religion in Japan’, says Oblate priest ahead of Pope’s visit November 22, 2019
- From child prostitution to nuclear arms, Pope has a big agenda in Asia November 19, 2019
- Pope Francis is going to Japan and Thailand: Here’s what you need to know November 19, 2019
- Pope Francis Sends Video Message to People of Japan November 19, 2019
- Pope considering adding ‘sin against ecology’ to Church’s catechism November 16, 2019
- Catholicism in the Land of the Rising Sun (and declining population) November 15, 2019
- Pope Francis’ Message for the 2019 World Day of the Sick November 15, 2019
- Our right to speak for climate justice November 8, 2019
- Tokyo archbishop: It is ‘difficult to find success’ on evangelization in Japan November 6, 2019
- Online Japanese Catholics are looking for a digital shepherd October 1, 2019
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Daily Archives: May 28, 2018
In a letter to Japanese bishops, Pope Francis urges his brother prelates to use the example of their country’s martyrs as an inspiration to continue their mission of evangelization amid modern-day challenges.
A 17th century Catholic Samurai and martyr was beatified during a Mass in Osaka, Japan on Tuesday.
Japan’s National Police Agency has reported that investigations for the possession and distribution of child pornography reached record levels in 2017, the result of a large database of pornography buyers seized by Tokyo police last May. The database, listing some … Continue reading