- ‘Work takes priority over religion in Japan’, says Oblate priest ahead of Pope’s visit November 22, 2019
- From child prostitution to nuclear arms, Pope has a big agenda in Asia November 19, 2019
- Pope Francis is going to Japan and Thailand: Here’s what you need to know November 19, 2019
- Pope Francis Sends Video Message to People of Japan November 19, 2019
- Pope considering adding ‘sin against ecology’ to Church’s catechism November 16, 2019
- Catholicism in the Land of the Rising Sun (and declining population) November 15, 2019
- Pope Francis’ Message for the 2019 World Day of the Sick November 15, 2019
- Our right to speak for climate justice November 8, 2019
- Tokyo archbishop: It is ‘difficult to find success’ on evangelization in Japan November 6, 2019
- Online Japanese Catholics are looking for a digital shepherd October 1, 2019
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Monthly Archives: May 2019
In his message for the 2019 World Day of Migrants and Refugees, Pope Francis says fear and a throw-away culture lead to the rejection and exclusion of people seeking a better life.
Vatican City, May 25, 2019 / 06:25 am (CNA).- Pope Francis said Saturday that abortion is never the answer to difficult prenatal diagnoses, calling selective abortion of the disabled the “expression of an inhuman eugenics mentality.”
The government has compiled a draft outline of new measures to address the growing problem of dementia among the elderly, placing emphasis on preventive steps to curb the increase in the number of patients.
Pope Francis attaches enormous importance to the plight of the millions of men, women and children who are trafficked and enslaved. They are among the most dehumanized and discarded of people in the modern world and all over the world. … Continue reading
Click to view: Towards the Global Compacts 2018 Migrants and Refugees Section Integral Human Development Palazzo San Calisto 00120 Vatican City Table of Contents *Introduction *Message for the 51st World Day of Peace *20 Pastoral Action Points *20 Action Points … Continue reading
Click to view: 20 Pastoral Action Points
This is to share with you what transpired during the meeting on Human Trafficking sponsored by Talitha Kum (Japan) where I also serve as a member of the steering committee (we function under the umbrella of J-Carm which is the … Continue reading
The Sri Lankan community living in the Kansai region of Japan came together on April 28th to remember and pray for the victims and the injured in the terror attacks that took place on Easter Sunday in Sri Lanka. The … Continue reading
Well I’m back from the Cruise and I’m at our usual Spring study session. The cruise experience was wonderful.