- Is Hikikomori (Extreme Social Withdrawal) a Global Epidemic? January 14, 2020
- …they have seen a great light January 6, 2020
- The Oblate Mission in Vietnam January 2, 2020
- Childhood in Japan is certainly not getting any easier December 29, 2019
- Babies born in Japan to drop below 900,000 in 2019 for first time December 25, 2019
- Journey From Advent to Christmas With Mary December 24, 2019
- My Experience of Christmas December 17, 2019
- The Message of Advent is a Message of Justice for the Oppressed December 13, 2019
- Thoughts on the Immaculate Conception December 10, 2019
- Japan’s crime rate hits postwar low, but report shows rise in child abuse, domestic violence and offenses by the elderly November 30, 2019
2019 OMI Japan/Korea Delegation
Monthly Archives: June 2019
Pope Francis’ message for the Third World Day of the Poor was released yesterday. The day will be observed on Sunday 17th November. The theme for this year’s World Day of the Poor is: “The hope of the poor shall … Continue reading
The option for those who are least, those whom society discards, is a priority that Christ’s followers are called to pursue, Pope Francis has said.
Abortion’s “slippery slope” continues to expand throughout the world and the crack in the wall gets bigger. The most shocking news took place recently in the United States. The headlines read, “NY governor signs sweeping new abortion law that allows abortions … Continue reading
The number of newborns in Japan hit a record low of 918,397 in 2018, staying below the 1 million mark for the third year in a row, a government survey showed Friday.
My dear Brother Bishops, Pentecost 2019! We are indeed blessed with the renewed call made by our dear Holy Father Pope Francis on the occasion of Pentecost 2019 “to pray for a truly missionary conversion of the whole Church.” Pentecost … Continue reading
In looking at the debate over immigration, it is almost automatically assumed that the Church’s position is one of unconditional charity toward those who enter the nation, legally or illegally.